Arctic Warrior Chiefs' Choice Award Winner of the Month - October 2019
| JBER Public Affairs | Nov. 5, 2019
A1C Joshuel Rodríguez-Cruz was selected as the Chief's Choice Award winner of the month of October 2019. (Photo by JBER Public Affairs)
JOINT BASE ELMENODRF-RICHARDSON, Alaska —
Name: A1C Joshuel Rodríguez-Cruz Unit: 673d MDOS/SGOW
Job Description: Mental Health (MH) Technician
Time in service: 1 year and 7 months
Previous Assignments: None
- Flourished in an NCO role; took on management of MH Flight duress system protecting 80 personnel only days after arriving from tech school; coord’d recurring system checks & semiannual exercises w/SFS/MDG/WIT.
- An Airman about solutions; developed a plan and unified a team to tackle a backlog of case closures; instigated Continuous Process Improvement event to prevent the backlog from recurring.
- Key member of pre-deployment neuro testing team; recently completed 3,500 tests in 3 weeks; conducted secure data upload out of cycle, avoiding repeat tests and making data available for post-kinetic event response.
- Lead trainer for new team members; oriented 4 MH technicians, preserving Trusted Care/process fidelity.
- Executed JBER MH PCS/Deployment clearances; used expertise to help another base overcome msn gaps.