Base tours are offered to local civic organizations, schools and youth groups to educate the community about the U.S. Air Force and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson missions. They are tailored to coincide with the interests of different demographics while not compromising mission requirements.
Tours are free of charge and can be subject to last-minute cancellations due to mission needs and resource availability. As soon as our mission allows, we will attempt to reschedule any tour cancelled for mission-related or weather-related reasons.
A background check must be completed for all guests 16 and older. Each guest’s (regardless of age) full name and date of birth must be provided. Additionally, the driver license or state ID number for all those who are 16 years old or older must be included.
- Public tours are available to groups of 10 to 40 people. Only one tour per organization/school per calendar year.
- Tours are given every second and fourth Thursday only and will begin no earlier than 9 a.m. and end no later than 3 p.m. Tours will NOT be given on weekends or federal holidays or beyond normal duty hours.
- Information requested by Public Affairs must be returned no later than 21 days prior to the confirmed tour date to ensure time for proper coordination. Failure to meet this requirement can result in cancellation.
- Cameras are allowed on the tour. However, there may be some restrictions. Your tour guide will have details.
- If a group is more than 15 minutes late for their tour, it will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
JBER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL A SCHEDULED TOUR AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISSION REQUIREMENTS.
Requesting a tour:
- Tour requests must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the date of the tour. Requests must be submitted through the 673rd Wing Public Affairs office and are accepted up to 90 days in advance.
- Tours are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Sending and receiving a request does not confirm your requested tour date.
- To submit a request for your group tour, please email email@example.com or call call 907-551-8996.
- Every effort will be made to honor your request, but ultimately, we work around our daily operations schedule and mission requirements.
Groups are responsible for transportation large enough to carry their entire group, unless otherwise coordinated with the Public Affairs office. All buses/vans must arrive at the Boniface gate for security processing.
Please confirm vehicle information and estimated arrival time with our office before arriving. Buses will be met at the gate by a member from the Public Affairs office, who will accompany the group onboard the bus and will remain with them for the duration of the tour.
Base Access FAQs