Colonel Lars Hubert is the Vice Commander, Eleventh Air Force, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He serves as chief advisor to the Commander in executing the air component mission in Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam and focal point for implementing command decisions, plans and policies. He assists the commander in ensuring the operational readiness of Eleventh Air Force and subordinate active and reserve forces.
Colonel Hubert received his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1991. He has nearly 3800 flying hours in the F-16, T-6 and C-130 including 150 hours of combat time during Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, UPHOLD DEMOCRACY, JOINT ENDEAVOR, and NOBLE EAGLE and directed operations for ENDURING FREEDOM while at the Combined Air and Space
1991 Bachelor of Science in Engineering Mechanics, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School (distinguished graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Masters of Science in System's Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2008 Air War College by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1991 - August 1992, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. January 1993 - September 1997, C-130H Instructor Pilot/Flight Examiner, 40 AS, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. January 1998 - September 1998, Student, F-16 RTU, 63 FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. October 1998 - June 2001, F-16 Flight Lead, Flight Commander, and Asst Director of Operations, 14 FS,
Misawa AB, Japan
5. June 2001 - June 2004, F-16 RTU Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander and Asst Director of Operations, 152
FS, Arizona Air National Guard, Tucson, Ariz.
6. June 2004 - Jun 2005, IDE Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. Jun 2005 - Jun 2007, Chief, Deliberate Plans and Director, Combined Plans Staff, 607 AOC, Osan AB,
Republic of Korea
8. October 2007 - July 2011, Commander, Director of Operations and T-6 Flight Examiner/Instructor Pilot, 37
FTS, Columbus AFB, Miss.
9. September 2011 - June 2013, Chief, Strategy Division USAFE-AFAFRICA, and Deputy Chief, Combat
Operations Division, 603 AOC, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. July 2013 - July 2015, Vice Commander, 52d Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
11. July 2015 - Present, Vice Commander, Eleventh Air Force, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: 3,800
Aircraft Flown: F-16, T-6, C-130
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forced Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
United Nations Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1991
First Lieutenant May 1993
Captain May 1995
Major April 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 2007
Colonel November 2012
(Current as of October 2015)