Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Chief Master Sergeant Kristopher K. Berg is assigned as the Senior Enlisted Leader of the Alaskan NORAD Region, Alaskan Command, and the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force; Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He directly supports the missions of providing the Pacific and Northern Command combatant commanders, and Pacific Air Forces’ commander with ready forces and infrastructure for homeland defense, decisive force projection, and defense support to civil authorities, when requested. He facilitates mission requirements and advises the commander on matters of force utilization, morale, and welfare of the Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen and their families assigned throughout the Alaska Joint Operations Area, Hawaii and Guam.
Chief Berg grew up in Decatur, Illinois and entered the United States Air Force in February 1994. He has served in multiple aircraft maintenance positions throughout his career at squadron, group, numbered Air Force, and major command levels. He has deployed in support of Operations Allied Force, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
Prior to his current position, Chief Berg served as the Command Chief, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. He assumed his current position in October 2020.
1998 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz. 2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2007 Introduction to Special Operations Course, US Air Force Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2008 Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2009 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Joint Task Force Battle Staff Training Course, USAFE Warrior Prep Center, Einsiedlerhof, Germany 2011 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, LeMay Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Advanced Maintenance Superintendent Course, Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2014 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2016 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Course, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee
2017 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2018 EuroZone/Middle East Update, Alan L. Freed Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
2018 AFOSI Senior Leader Security Seminar, USAF Special Investigations Academy, Dahlgren, Va.
1. February 1994 – April 1994, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. April 1994 – June 1994, Student, Aerospace Maintenance Technical Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1994 – May 2000, Flying Dedicated Crew Chief, 41st Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. May 2000 – June 2004, Isochronal Dock Chief, 374th Maintenance Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
5. June 2004 – March 2009, Production Superintendent, 353d Maintenance Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
6. March 2009 – July 2010, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 353d Special Operations Group, Kadena AB, Japan
7. July 2010 – March 2012, Superintendent of Logistics, 3d Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. March 2012 – September 2012, Superintendent, Aircraft and Munitions Contingency Operations, HQ USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. September 2012 – June 2014, Superintendent, 86th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. June 2014 – July 2015, Group Superintendent, 302d Maintenance Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. August 2015 – May 2017, Command Chief, 437th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
12. May 2017 – June 2018, Command Chief, 502d Air Base Wing & Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
13. June 2018 – September 2020, Command Chief, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
14. Oct 2020 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 11th Air Force and Senior Enlisted Leader of Alaskan Command and Alaskan NORAD Region, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with single oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
1994 Honor Graduate, Aircraft Maintenance Qualification Course
1996 Promoted Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1996 ACC Maintenance Professional of the Year
2002 PACAF Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2005 Academic Achievement Award, NCO Academy
2006 AFSOC Tuskegee Airman - Senior Master Sergeant Margaret Frances Barbour Military Award
2007 AFSOC General Lew Allen Jr. Award
2008 353rd Special Operations Group Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award
2009 353rd Special Operations Group Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2009 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2011 USAFE Tuskegee Airman - Chief Master Sergeant Fred Archer Military Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant September 2013
(Current as of Nov 2020)