The 3rd Wing provides the commander, U.S. Pacific Command, trained and equipped tactical air dominance forces, command and control platforms, and strategic and tactical airlift resources for contingency operations and also provides the commander, U.S. Northern Command, immediate early airborne detection, warning, surveillance and interception of hostile forces within the Alaskan North American Aerospace Defense Command Region. The wing flies F-22, C-17, C-12 and E-3 aircraft and is responsible for over 2,200 assigned Airmen.
Colonel Jamieson was commissioned upon graduation from the United States Air Force Academy in 2000 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research. After completing pilot training as a distinguished graduate, he flew in operational fighter assignments in Air Combat Command and Pacific Air Forces. He has served as an instructor pilot, flight evaluator, weapons officer, weapons school instructor, operations officer, squadron commander, and member of the Joint Staff and the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Colonel Jamieson has flown multiple combat missions and has participated in Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE and Alaska NORAD Region Air Sovereignty Operations. He is a command pilot with more than 2,400 flying hours and is a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School. Prior to his current assignment, he was the 57th Vice Wing Commander at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.
2000 Bachelor of Science, Operations Research, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 USAF Weapons School, F-15C Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2008 USAF Flight Safety Officer Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2011 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2012 Master of Arts, Counseling and Leadership, University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
2018 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, The Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
ASSIGNMENTS OR CAREER CHRONOLOGY
1. October 2000 – January 2002, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. February 2002 – September 2002, F-15C Formal Training Unit Student, Kingsley Field, Ore.
3. October 2002 – September 2003, Maintenance Liaison Officer, F-15C Flight Lead, 58th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. September 2003 - July 2005, Wing Dissimilar Air Combat Training Officer, F-15C Instructor Pilot, 33rd Operations Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. July 2005 – July 2008, Flight Commander, F-15C Flight Examiner, later, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 19th Fighter Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
6. July 2008 – September 2009, Assistant Chief of Flight Safety, F-15C Weapons School Instructor, 57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. October 2009 – December 2010, Academic Flight Commander, later, Assistant Director of Operations, F-15C Weapons School Instructor, 433rd Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. January 2011 – May 2011, Weapons School Chief of Integration, F-15C WIC Instructor Pilot, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev,
9. May 2011 – May 2012, Student, University of Colorado-Colorado Springs
10. June 2012 – June 2013, Air Officer Commanding, Cadet Squadron 21, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
11. June 2013 – June 2014, Deputy Director of Training and Education, later, Chief of Current Operations, Commandant of Cadets, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
12. June 2014 – June 2015, Director of Operations, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
13. June 2015 – June 2017, Commander, 44th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
14. July 2017 – June 2018, Student, Eisenhower school, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2018 – June 2019, Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director, Chief of Integrated Operations, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. June 2019 – June 2020, Operations Research System Analyst, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. July 2020 – July 2022, Vice Commander, 57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
18. July 2022 – Present, Commander, 3rd Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2018 – June 2019, Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director, Chief of Integrated Operations, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a lieutenant colonel
2. June 2019 – June 2020, Operations Research System Analyst, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 2,400
Primary Aircraft Flown: F-22A, F-35A, F-15B/C/D, T-53, AT-38B, T-38A, T-37B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air and Space Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air and Space Achievement Medal
Combat Action Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with one device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 31 May, 2000
First Lieutenant 31 May, 2002
Captain 31 May, 2004
Major 01 Mar, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel 01 Dec, 2013
Colonel 01 Feb, 2020
(Current as of July 2022)