Colonel Robyn M. Burk is the Commander, 611th Air Support Group and Director of Logistics, Alaskan NORAD Region, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. She is responsible for 21 active and 23 inactive geographically separated locations valued at $5.3 billion, providing first-line radar, communications, engineering, environmental, and logistics support for Eleventh Air Force and Alaskan NORAD Region. She commands 1 air station, 15 remote Alaskan radar sites, 3 Hawaiian radar sites, King Salmon, and Wake Island, supporting air sovereignty, war readiness missions, and homeland defense. She implements government-to-government consultation with Alaska native tribes and works directly with more than 50 communities across the great state of Alaska.
Colonel Burk entered the Air Force in 1984 after obtaining her commission through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Louisiana State University. A career logistics readiness officer, she has served in a variety of logistics and acquisition assignments at base level, MAJCOM and Air Staff, including squadron command at the 27th Logistics Support Squadron, Cannon AFB, New Mexico, and 355th Transportation Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona. She deployed as lead logistics planner for the U.S. Central Command Air Forces during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1984 Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1988 Master of Science degree in Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Arts degree in Education, Chapman University
1999 Air Command and Staff College, Master of Arts degree in Military Operational Art and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air War College (Seminar)
1. September 1984-May 1987, Chief, Mobility Plans Branch, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
2. May 1987-October 1988, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. October 1988-April 1992, Logistics Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. April 1992-November 1995, Propulsion Flight Commander, Logistics Flight Commander, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona
5. November 1995-August 1998, Commander, 27th Logistics Support Squadron, Cannon AFB, New Mexico
6. August 1998-July 1999, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 1999-July 2001, Logistics Program Manager, Directorate of Logistics Plans, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2001-January 2003, Commander, 355th Transportation Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona
9. January 2003-July 2005, Chief Logistics, Operations and Plans; and Deputy Chief, Logistics, Shaw AFB, South Carolina
10. July 2005-July 2006, Chief Plans and Operations Division, C4, Yong San AB, Republic of Korea
11. July 2006-July 2007, Chief Logistics Plans Branch Headquarters Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
12. July 2007-June 2009, Chief of Logistics Readiness Division, Directorate of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. June 2009-present, Commander, 611th Air Support Group, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 13, 1984
First Lieutenant July 13, 1986
Captain July 13, 1988
Major June 1, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2000
Colonel February 1, 2007
(Current as of Jun 2011)