Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Major Mary E. Diamond is the commander of the 773d Logistics Readiness Squadron at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. In this capacity, she leads 256 Airmen in providing full spectrum logistics support to three USAF Wings, the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), and 58 mission partners. Maj Diamond is responsible for joint logistics operations covering 572,000 square miles, directly supporting 19 remote radar sites. Her unit provides support to JBER’s unilateral airdrop training mission and oversees the readiness of 10,000 military members, 3,000 tons of cargo, 1,000 pieces of rolling stock, and 600 containers. Additionally, she manages the Joint Personal Property Office- Alaska, and U.S. Army Alaska’s $161 million supply portfolio.
Major Diamond earned her commission in 2008 from Texas A&M University. She has deployed in support of Operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, Freedom’s Sentinel, and Unified Protector. Prior to her current position, Major Diamond served as a Strategic Policy Fellow assigned to the US Agency for International Development and following to the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies. She enjoys competitive powerlifting and spending time with her family who currently reside in Denton, TX.
2008 Bachelor of Arts, Human Resource Development, Texas A&M University, Texas
2009 Air And Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2014 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama (residence and correspondence)
2016 Master of Science, Leadership, Liberty University, Virginia
2017 Intermediate Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Shepherd AFB, Texas
2020 Air Command and Staff College, Montgomery, Alabama (residence and correspondence)
1. February 2009 – March 2012, Unit Control Center Officer in Charge; Assistant Installation Deployment Readiness Officer, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron; Executive Officer, 31st Mission Support Group, Aviano AB, Italy
2. March 2012 – March 2015, Flight Commander, Deployment and Distribution; Materiel Management Flights, 4th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. March 2015 – April 2016, Director of Operations, 380th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
4. April 2016 – June 2018, Commando Edge Intern, A4 Directorate, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. June 2018 – July 2019, Current Operations Staff Officer, Current Operations Division, Air Force Operations Group, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Air Force Headquarters, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. July 2019 – June 2020, Air Force Strategic Policy Fellow, Air University, Air Education and Training Command, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2020 – Present, Commander, 773d Logistics Readiness Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant December 22, 2008
First Lieutenant December 22, 2010
Captain December 22, 2012
Major August 1, 2018
(Current as of July 2020)