Chief Master Sergeant David R. Wolfe is assigned as the Senior Enlisted Leader of the Alaskan NORAD Region, Alaskan Command, and the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force; Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He directly supports the mission of providing the Pacific and Northern Command combatant commanders, and Pacific Air Forces’ commander with ready forces and infrastructure for homeland defense, decisive force projection, and defense support to civil authorities, when requested. He facilitates mission requirements and advises the commander on matters of force utilization, morale, and welfare of the Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen and their families assigned throughout the Alaska Joint Operations Area, Hawaii and Guam.
Chief Wolfe entered the Air Force in February 1992. His background includes missile security, elite guard, protective services, space warning security, training and standardization evaluation, security forces operations, logistics, professional military education, and security forces pre-deployment sustainment training. Chief Wolfe has served in Wyoming, Alaska, Illinois, and Florida, as well as overseas in Italy and Germany. He has deployed in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, and INHERENT RESOLVE.
Before assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 1st Special Operations Wings, Hurlburt Field, Florida. He assumed his current position in July 2018.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Aviano AB, Italy
1999 Associate Degree in Police Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2004 Associate Degree in Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force 2004 Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, Wayland Baptist University, Texas
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
2006 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2010 U.S. Marine Corps Staff Noncommissioned Officer Academy Advanced Course, Camp Pendleton, Calif.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force 2013 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, MacDill AFB, Fla. 2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, San Antonio, Texas 2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2017 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University 2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Judge Advocate General School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 SUMMIT, Joint Special Operations University, MacDill AFB, Fla.
1. February 1992 - April 1992, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas.
2. April 1992 - June 1992, Student, Security Forces Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas.
3. July 1992 - December 1994, Flight Security Controller, 321st Missile Security Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo. (December 1993 – March 1994, Security Specialist, 4404th Composite Wing (Provisional), King Abdul Aziz Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
4. Dec 1994 - Jun 1996, USAFE Elite Guardsman, USAFE Special Security Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. Jun 1996 - Jun 1998, VIP Protection to the Commander, AFSOUTH, Naples, Italy
6. Jun 1998 - Aug 2001, Patrolman and Standardization Evaluation, 3rd Security Forces Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska (May 2000 – September 2000, Personal Security Officer to the Commander, 363d Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
7. Aug 2001 - Aug 2002, NCOIC, Security Forces Administration, Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection, 13th Space Warning Squadron, Clear Air Force Station, Alaska
8. Sep 2002 – Feb 2004, Desk Sergeant, 3rd Security Forces Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
9. Feb 2004 - Dec 2007, Airman Leadership School and Noncommissioned Officer Academy Instructor, Elmendorf Professional Military Education Center, 3rd Wing, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
10. Dec 2007 – Oct 2008, Flight Chief, 3rd Security Forces Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
11. Oct 2008 – March 2011, NCOIC, Operations and Superintendent, Logistics, 375th Security Forces Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill. (Jun 2009 – Dec 2009, Superintendent, Entry Control Point Operations, 532nd Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq)
12. March 2011 – August 2013, Security Forces Manager, 435th Security Forces Squadron, Sembach Kaserne and Pulaski Barracks, Germany
13. August 2013 – August 2014, Squadron Superintendent, 673d Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
14. August 2014 – February 2016, Commandant, Elmendorf Professional Military Education Center, 673rd Air Base Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
15. Feb 2016 – June 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 3rd Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf- Richardson, Alaska
16. Jun 2017 – Jul 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla. (Aug 2017-Oct 2017, Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Special Operations Air Component, Afghanistan, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
17. Jul 2018 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 11th Air Force and Senior Enlisted Leader of Alaskan Command and Alaskan NORAD Region, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Alaska Distinguished Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
1993 321st Missile Security Squadron Airman of the Year 1997 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2006 Sarah Palin State of Alaska Governor’s Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award 2007 11th Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2011 Superintendent, Air Force’s “Best” Small Security Forces Unit, 435th Security Forces Squadron, Sembach Kaserne, Germany
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2013
(Current as of July 2018)